We are so thankful for the encouraging community that has been built around our site. But we’ve heard from many of you who want more personal support, in a place where you’re free to share what’s really on your hearts.
After praying over this need, we are excited to announce Not Alone encouragement groups will be launching in January! These groups will meet on Facebook or Google+. They will be small, private groups, where you can learn from each other and encourage each other.
Right now, we are taking applications for group leaders. If you are interested in learning more about becoming a group leader, please email us at [email protected] Next week we’ll send you more information and an application to apply. Please take time to pray over this decision. We know special-needs parents have a lot on their plates and we don’t want this to be just another thing on your to-do list. We want special-needs parents who have hearts for encouraging others and feel God is opening the door to minister in this way.
- From Different Dream: Finding the right Christmas gift for a child with special needs can be a challenge. In this post, guest blogger Kimberly Drew encourages parents to think outside the box before Christmas arrives.
- Join Kelli for her latest podcast: On the Outside Looking Inn. “How do we respond when God doesn’t come to our rescue in the way we expect? When He is silent? How do we trust God? The journey of trust may begin in a stable …”
- Gillian shares an idea from Chloe, who is 14 and has two siblings with Down Syndrome. “What if I could get people (young and old) to expose the beauty of having a sibling with Down syndrome and then share it with the world! I finally came up with the name ‘Beauty Exposed,’ since after all it really is beautiful to have a sibling with Down syndrome. I wanted to put together a book that can tell the story of what it is like to have a sibling who has Down syndrome, sharing honest stories and hopefully encouraging families especially the parents to be encouraged and to see the true beauty!” Click over to Gillian’s site for details on how to help!
- Ellen shares a moment she was proud of her daughter, and her daughter was pretty proud of herself, “The Pride I Feel.”
- Laurie shares The Secret to Seeing in the Dark. “No matter how dark a season you’re in, don’t let your heart convince you you’re alone in it.”
- If you are looking for a mentoring program, Snappin’ Ministries is offering spots in their program to mentors and those who want a mentor. Check out their site for more details!